o test Agriculture Implements and other Agriculture Machinery manufactured
within the country or imported with a view to assess their functional suitability and performance characteristics,
so that, the published test results would:
- Serve as a basis to decide the type of machine best suited for Indian conditions which could be
encouraged for import, production and popularization.
- Help the farmer and other prospective purchasers in determining the comparative performance
of Machine available in market.
- Provide material to Engineers and Extension workers for guiding farmers in proper selection of equipment.
- Form the basis for standard specification to be used by the manufacturers.
- Help financial Institution in recommending financial assistance both to the manufacturers as well as to farmers.
- Provide feedback to the manufacturers through user's survey on the nature of field complaints and
standard of pre and after sales service facilities provided by them.
- Assist Bureau of Indian Standard in formulation of standards and testing of Agriculture machines covered
under the scope of certification marks scheme.
- Help the manufacturers in product development by providing confidential Test Report.